Sunday, April 26, 2009

Introduction

As an attempt to get the word out about this guerrilla gardening project, and to hopefully get some momentum and community involvement, I am going to post weekly updates on the sites. This way no one has to go on facebook to look at before and after pictures of the gardening events!

Rewind to two Thursdays ago: April 16th, 2009

My very good friend Josh told me he knew the perfect place for gardening. It was in the playground of this elementary school around the block from him. They have these empty plant box benches that never have flowers in them for some reason. As you can see, they're really cool, but could use some love and color.



That's where guerrilla gardening comes in. I snapped some before shots, gathered a small crew- myself, Josh, my friend pam and my friend and classmate Andy. I bought some plants and some soil, Pam brought the gardening tools and we gardened hard for about 10 whole minutes before we transformed the benches into this!

Hopefully the kids and teachers appreciate it!  If not, I had a lot of fun and I'm pretty sure everyone else did, too.  


No comments:

Post a Comment