Sunday, May 3, 2009

Cafe Ballou

Well this week's guerrilla gardening took place outside of Cafe Ballou. It's right around the block from St. Helen's and they have these wooden flower boxes that were filled with weeds and not flowers. SO! Rachel and I took our saturday night and fixed them up.

It's finals week for me, so I was running a bit behind schedule. I got to Jewel Osco about 5 minutes before they closed to pick up some flowers. I was on my bike, so I had to put the flowers in my back pack and hope nothing spilled over in my bag! I got there, met up with Rachel and got to digging. Neither of us had tools (I was lacking in organization this week!!) so we just dug with our bare hands! it was sort of fun, though.

There's no action shots this week because there was only two of us and we were both digging. When we finished we asked a passerby to take our picture. It was a great way to spend a saturday night!





No comments:

Post a Comment